Diversity comes naturally for M-Rock. He rocks parties, produces music for the Junos, has MTV nodding to his mixtapes, and without even asking, has his music used in viral videos of the Raptors and is mentioned in the Washington Post. “I used to make webpages to build careers, and now I think they make my career” says the well-rounded DJ and ex-web developer, who is always booked to DJ in an open-format. Often, music fans like comedian Russell Peters and TSN’s Cabbie contact him to show appreciation for a new mixtape, M believes “No matter how famous someone is, they all love music”. Since 2010, he’s filled the dancefloor for clients such as Ryan Gosling, Shaquille O‘ Neal, Drake and fashion designer Marc Ecko, who have all complimented him personally at the DJ booth. The biggest reward was performing in front of his idols like DJ Premier at Scion’s King of Beats competition in New York. “The judges knew I used to battle” says the DJ veteran, who spent 4 years facing off others in the DMCs and various DJ competitions held in New York, Hollywood, Las Vegas, and London, always managing to fly home with at least one world-class award.
It’s much more than just DJing and composing. Miami‘s Winter Music Conference asked him to host his own panel on his invention ‘Digital Juggling’ – a style of DJing that fuses turntablism and pianist-style keystrokes on the laptop. That same weekend, 1.83 million viewers heard his opening music on the
Juno Awards (the Canadian Grammy’s). This year is exciting for M-Rock, as he continues to develop his music and hustle his brand to a wider audience.
Watch what Pete Rock, Just Blaze, The Alchemist and Prince Paul think of M-Rock:
- 2013 Remix used for Raptors Harlem Shake video
- 2012 Resident DJ for F-Stop, MTV Top 5 Mixes of 2012, Opening Act for The Martinez Brothers
- 2011 100k+ downloads , 4.5k Facebook Likes, Resident DJ for Muzik/F-Stop/Nyood
- 2010 Resident DJ (Nyood,Thompson Hotel), Remix for Jully Black’s “Running”
- 2009 Music Producer for host Russell Peters’ entrance at the Juno Awards, Resident DJ for One Eleven
- 2006 Scion King of Beats United States 2nd Place (Judge: Just Blaze, Alchemist, Pete Rock)
- 2006 Music Producer for Warner Brothers DVD “Russell Peters’ Outsourced”
- 2003 DMC 2006 WORLD Supremacy Runner Up
- 2001 WORLD Allies All-Star Beatdown 2nd Place (Judged by A-Trak)